Rotherham 2-2 Ipswich: Town’s chance to cut Leicester’s lead to one point is denied by Christ Tiehi’s amazing play………

vRotherham 2-2 Ipswich: Town’s chance to cut Leicester’s lead to one point is denied by Christ Tiehi’s amazing play.Report and complimentary highlights from Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship game between Ipswich Town and Rotherham United at New York Stadium Matt Taylor’s Millers earned a well-earned point thanks to a goal from Christ Tiehi in stoppage time in the second half.

Tuesday night, Christ Tiehi proved to be Rotherham’s savior as the Millers emerged with a point from an intriguing 2-2 draw with Ipswich thanks to his goal in second-half stoppage time.

Within five minutes, summer addition Sam Nombe scored the team’s first goal, giving Matt Taylor’s team an unexpected lead. However, Sam Morsy soon leveled the score with an absolutely brilliant play from the training field.

vAfter a very dull second half, Jack Taylor’s close-range finish appeared to have put the Tractor Boys ahead, but Tiehi stunned everyone with a spectacular strike in the 91st minute to give Rotherham a much-needed point.

With one more game before the November international break, Ipswich may now close the gap to three points, one point behind Championship leaders Leicester even if Taylor’s goal would have won. In the meantime, the Millers get to four points of safety.

The way Ipswich was turned down at the New York

It appeared as though the script was written for this match at the New York Stadium, which was originally postponed on October 20 due to the River Don breaking its banks during Storm Babet. Ipswich was playing match play with Leicester at the top of the table, and Rotherham was already fighting at the bottom.

Unusually for the Millers, they pressed high right away and took a surprising lead in less than five minutes when Fred Onyedinma grabbed the ball as Davis drove on and laid it on a platter for Nombe to score.

But their lead had only lasted for fifteen minutes. With his back to the six-yard box, Davis prepared to hoist a free kick from the right, but instead he squared for the unmarked Morsy, who finished the pass easily into the top-left corner.

Additionally, Town was denied a penalty just before halftime. Although Odoffin caught Hirst with his right leg in the box, it appeared that Hirst’s antics following the impact decided the referee’s call.Both teams were unable to seize control of the game over a large portion of the second half. Axel Tuanzebe’s header seemed to hit Georgie Kelly’s hand, but spot-kick demands were again dismissed. Later, Kelly forced a rare stop from Vaclav Hladky after a bit of pinball in the box.

After 87 minutes, Rotherham’s tenacious players managed to tie the score when Tiehi scored a thunderous goal after Kelly’s blocked effort landed to him. However, the visitors eventually took the lead after Oliver Rathbone’s attempted clearance hit Taylor and bobbled over the line.

The next game for both teams is on Saturday, November 11 at 3 p.m.Watford visits Vicarage Road to play Rotherham, and Swansea visits Portman Road to play Ipswich.



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.